Hakenz
PC Specification: C2DUO E8500 @ 4.25Ghz - Ati Radeon 5850

PROBLEM WITH AAC LATM SINCE 1.5.0 !!

Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:57 am

Hey first of all sorry about my english is not my first language :D

OK in my country Argentina since early April 2010 they started to broadcast DIGITAL TELEVISION using the Braisilian format ISDBT . Since April to lets say August - September I always used splash lite to watch the tv cus from all the software out there is the one i like the most not only due to the native video acceleration I have an ati 5850 but also because im looking forward to get motion2 on the tv like I have on my normal videos using splash pro.

Ok the problem is that I have audio problems lately that i never had before. Basically every time I tune a channel I get sound for half a second then half second of silence then half a second of sound then half a second of silence and so on. I never had this problems before I watched the South Africa Soccer World cup the hole month with splash lite and cero problems and there is no a signal problem cus with other 2 softwares I have VLC Media player and Arcsoft total media 3.5 I have perfect sound.
I also made a fresh system format and teh same story with splash lite choppy sound with the 2 other software perfect sound.
Also with other 3 software I been trying dvbviewer Dvbdream and mediaportal I have sounds problems too so this let me to think that could be a codec problem but since splash lite use propietary codecs that u cant change I say well thats weird.

Regarding mediaportal I got choppy sound too and I found a fix on the mediaportal forums by changing a native AAC LATM codec to a modified one and that fixed my problem.

Here is the link maybe the problem Im suffering with splash lite can have it roots linked to this problem or at least maybe it can give some ideas to mirillis developers of what can be the problem. After i replaced that file for the modified one bam perfect sound.

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/codec ... ack-85374/

As I said before Ive been using splash lite for over six months without a problem (version 1.4.x) and lately when I updated to latest 1.5.0 problems started, what i wanted to know is if there was some changes on how splash lite decodes AAC LATM on the latest version or what can be causing my audio problems.

RIGHT NOW MY SITUATION IS THIS :

SLASH LITE : CHOPPY SOUND
VLC: PERFECT SOUND with native codecs
DVBVIEWER: NO SOUND
DVBDREAM: NO SOUND
ARCSOFT TOTAL MEDIA: PERFECT SOUND with native codecs
MEDIAPORTAL: PERfECT SOUND AFTER THE FIX I LINKED.

So well I hope u guys can give me some ideas of how to fix this or at least its some bug report to the developers cus it seems this AAC LATM is kinda a bitch for what Ive seen on multiple forums :lol:

Almost forgot Im using a usb tuner this is the one:
http://www.mygica.com/pa/s870.asp

Regards Hakenz !! :mrgreen:

nunatak
PC Specification: E6300 @3.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 9800GT, Win7 x64

Re: PROBLEM WITH AAC LATM SINCE 1.5.0 !!

Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:03 am

Same problem here in Israel, already reported by email.

Helios
Mirillis Team

Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi guys,

Fastest way to reproduce (and fix) the issue in our lab is to capture some data and provide us with a sample.
Please capture about a minute of the problematic channel with any software you have.
Then check, if playback of captured stream shows the problem as well (in Splash Lite or Pro) and send it to us with little description.

regards,

nunatak

Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:16 pm

Here it is:

Please note that this is the original DVB-T broadcast, untouched and unedited with multiple channels streams. Splash can recognize only the first channel but the audio is fine so i'm not sure how much help and information it can give you.
The file has been taken with VLC and you can also play it with it in order to see all the channels streams (Go to "Playback menu" -> "Programs").

Hakenz

Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:22 am

Ok here is a channel recorded with vlc when I try to play the video on splash lite 1.5 works ok but thats obvious cus vlc works correctly and records the data correctly so when u try to play it on slpash lite is gonna work.
The problem is that splash lite 1.5 cant decode aac latm correctly when u are using it to watch tv.
But it can do it when u play a file that was recorded on a program that receives the audio signal properly.

Anyways I uninstalled the version 1.5 and installed version 1.4.3 and now is working fine again, so u guys need to check what changes u made on 1.5.0 referred to aac latm and roll back those changes to how it was on 1.4.3 :D

Here is the channel recorded with vlc

Regards Hakenz

Helios
Mirillis Team

Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:15 am

Hi guys,

Hakenz: could you confirm that Splash Lite 1.6.0 solves DVB-T issue in Argentina. We were able to simulate very similar behaviour you described with the file you provided. Now it should work.

nunatak: I already know 1.6.0 does not fix the issue in Israel. We couldn't reproduce the issue with your recording. I have some additional questions:
- is it happening exactly the same like Hakenz described?
- is it happening from version 1.5.0 or maybe earlier?
- is it happening always, on all channels, or sometimes?
- is it repairing after some time (eg. 30 seconds of play)?

regards,

nunatak

Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:04 am

Hi Helios.

1. The problem is that sometimes the audio isn't working correctly. Like for few seconds the sound is fine and then you can't hear anythig, after few seconds the sound is back on and after few seconds it's off and so on...
2. It's happening at least from V1.3. I checked 1.6, 1.5, 1.4.3 and 1.3 - same problem with all versions.
3. This is happening when i change the channels and the same way it's fixing, about half of the times i switch a channel this problem happens and in order fix to it i need to change channels a few more times. I have one hint for you: out of the 7 channels here in Israel 2 of them are audio only (Radio), and this 2 channels are working fine, this problem occurs only on the video channels. The only diffrence that i'm know about is that Splash recognize this 2 channels as stereo while the rest of the channels it recognize as mono, i'm not sure how the audio is being broadcast but that's how Splash recognize it.
4. No, i waited 15 minutes and it stayed the same unless i'm changing channels.

I can try to record with other software if you think it can help, just tell me how.

Hakenz

Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:57 pm

Helios wrote:Hi guys,

Hakenz: could you confirm that Splash Lite 1.6.0 solves DVB-T issue in Argentina. We were able to simulate very similar behaviour you described with the file you provided. Now it should work.

nunatak: I already know 1.6.0 does not fix the issue in Israel. We couldn't reproduce the issue with your recording. I have some additional questions:
- is it happening exactly the same like Hakenz described?
- is it happening from version 1.5.0 or maybe earlier?
- is it happening always, on all channels, or sometimes?
- is it repairing after some time (eg. 30 seconds of play)?

regards,
Hello I just installed 1.6.0 and the sound is played correctly again :mrgreen: good job guys !! the only thing I noticed is that in some channels the sound could take up to 10-15 secs to appear while on 1.4.3 the sound was instantaneous, but hey at least now the sound is played correctly again.

Is that delay intended or u guys are gonna fix it on the future ?

Regards Hakenz !! :D

Also this is not something related to sound but is bugging me since early versions of splash lite and I dont feel like doing a new thread , sometimes when I close splash lite and I try to open it again I can't, I have to kill the process on task manager (SplashLite.exe *32) and then I can open it again, this is happening since before the world cup I say april - june . I hope u guys can fix that because it happens on every single version I tried since April to today's versions.

arnulf

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi Hakenz!
SLASH LITE : CHOPPY SOUND
Yes I can confirm that, even on 1.6, and I miss subtitles. Dvbviewer has sound & subtitles, but not HW acc as Splash.
So I'm looking forward to Splash TV to replace dvbviewer.
DVBVIEWER: NO SOUND
Download libfaad2 Wrapper Filter from https://www.dvbviewer.tv/members/
(also recomend web-based "DVBViewer Recording Service" in "Beta Section")
http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/233 ... er-filter/

I also tried codecs from free DivX7 (now DivX plus ?) from http://DivX.com (instead of libfaad2 Wrapper)
In dvbviewer open "Settings | Option | DirectX" select "Audio | AAC Audio Decoder" -> "DivX AAC Decoder"

Codecs from http://CyberLink.com/powerdvd/ ($$) also used to work.

Regards
arnulf

Return to “Splash Lite (free)”