hln
PC Specification: MacBook Pro, thunderbolt, ZBox AD03 HTPC

Splash Pro integrated with Media Browser just fine

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:53 pm

Hello,

I am happy to report that Splash Pro works great with MediaBrowser as an external player. Here is what you need to do:

1. In Splash Pro Settings, set it to fullscreen when play

2. In Media Browser Configurator, add an external player for example C:\Program Files\Mirillis\Splash PRO\SplashPro.exe

3. In Media Browser Configurator, under "Optional Parameters" enter "{0}" /play

(What is missing now and please add to the next update)
Now, all we need is when pressing stop, it will also exit Splash HD app and returns control back to Media Browser. Please add this to the next update.

Important: It seems to me that pressing "Stop" will remember where you are in the movie for later resume playback, so maybe don't just exit the app cold when pressing stop but also implement Resume when exiting as well.

To be clear, maybe, when users press "Stop", go ahead and add Ctrl +F4 to that command to exit the app. I hope this makes sense to you developer folks

Thank you for a great piece of software. I am buying it in a few days. I am going to post this on Media Browser forum to help spread the words of how awesome Splash HD really is. Media Browser users are going to eat this up and hopefully buy it like mad men.

Say bye bye to MPC-HC.
Last edited by hln on Thu May 12, 2011 10:34 am, edited 4 times in total.

hln

Re: Splash Pro integrated with Media Browser?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:31 pm

Anyone out there that would like this integrated feature with MediaBrowser? Am I the only one? :P
Last edited by hln on Thu May 12, 2011 9:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

razor
PC Specification: ATOM D525, ION2 4x, 2GB

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:16 pm

Exactly same situation.

I use Windows7 Media Center, MediaBrowser and i'd like to add Splash Pro to my configuration.
I love Splash Pro's Motion2 technology combined with Purevideo decoding.
Surprisingly, my hardware (Atom D525, ION2) can manage fullhd playback with Motion2 (non Motion2 Ultra) at level 10-60p (CPU at 80% but dont care :P )
This make me love this software!
All other software dont have this features combined as well! REALLY GREAT WORK!!!

But now comes problems....
My problem is that MediaBrowser need the external player to be closed at the end of playback.
I have read about the SHIFT+X option, but it create issue in remote control configuration.
In my little programming experience, i think dont be too difficult put a option like "Close program at the end of playback".

This simple option will resolve (combined with fullscreen option already present) all the problem of integrating Splash Pro as external player in Media Center, without any issue in remote configuration.

I know that your work it's hard...but this small option will make happy a lot of people! :)

Sorry for my poor english! :)

CIAO

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Sun May 08, 2011 9:49 pm

Thank for a suggestion with closing player at the end of the playback.
I will add this to our list.

Fullscreen option should already work now, are there any problems with running Splash in fullscreen?
PLease make sure that you have selected the option in Splash PRO settings/general.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

hln

Tue May 10, 2011 11:48 am

Thank you for your answer Ghost! Finally :)

Yes please please add the ability to "exit Splash Pro" when pressing stop button so that it will transition back to MediaBrowser, but also remembers where it left off for "resume" playback (I think if you just press "Exit" without "Stop" first, the resume doesn't work). What us MB users are looking for is to have it seamlessly shell out from MediaBrowser and calls Splash Pro to handle the video playback.

How about a way not to see the Mirillis Splash screen when playing through MediaBrowser, as this will make it seamless?

If this is implemented well, there are tons of MB folks will buy Splash Pro. Thanks.

Love this app. Very "Apple like" design, and that is a good thing, at least for me :)

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Re: Splash Pro integrated with Media Browser just fine

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:31 pm

hln wrote:Thank you for your answer Ghost! Finally :)

Yes please please add the ability to "exit Splash Pro" when pressing stop button so that it will transition back to MediaBrowser, but also remembers where it left off for "resume" playback (I think if you just press "Exit" without "Stop" first, the resume doesn't work). What us MB users are looking for is to have it seamlessly shell out from MediaBrowser and calls Splash Pro to handle the video playback.

How about a way not to see the Mirillis Splash screen when playing through MediaBrowser, as this will make it seamless?

If this is implemented well, there are tons of MB folks will buy Splash Pro. Thanks.

Love this app. Very "Apple like" design, and that is a good thing, at least for me :)

Hi, we plan to add 2 options:
- exit application on playback finished
- exit application on stop

Please describe more detialed the thing about not to see splash screen?
Do you mean between 2 files?
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

Return to “Splash PRO”