icsterm
PC Specification: i7 2670QM, Nvidia GT540M, Intel HD 3000

Re: Splash PRO 1.3.0 & 1.3.2

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:43 am

BDX wrote:
icsterm wrote:
BDX wrote:Playing AVIs (more specific, XviD) is broken. Splash plays with about half a framerate. Newest ffdshow installed. I tried also with a few months older version, same thing.
Splash PRO plays all avi files with just the default Xvid codecs in Windows 7 X64 Ultimate. You don't need any ffdshow.
Not true.

I only use Splash and MPC-HC (no external directshow codecs) and all avi plays fine with me. Including avi with AVC/H.264 video track. I only had issues with the x86 Windows 7 which had "No DivX codec" installed. It worked with ffdshow that time. It might depend on using Windows Update, not 100% sure. But I never install any 3rd party codecs and i'm happy.

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi everybody, thank you all for your comments, suggestions and reporting problems.
Here are some answers.
crl2007 wrote:Instead of releasing versions like there is no tomorrow, I think you'd better try to
add the most simplest features, like subtitle positioning, loading folders in the playlist, accepting
codes ( <i></i>, <color></color> etc ) and fix Motion2 + Picture2 stuttering...
Crl2007, I am sorry that you are not happy with Splash at the moment but we really do our best to improve Splash.
Subtitle positioning is done I think and should be added in next version. There will be option to draw subtitles only on video or outside the video area (black bars) + shortcuts for manual position adjustment. Full ass support including <b>,<i>, <color> is not ready yet. Motion2 problem is connected with power management system on your GTX470, right?
EmZvr wrote:I have a problem with thelatest version 1.3.2. I'm using the Intel HD video card
integrated in Core i5 and when VIdeo overlay is disabled all the movies I play have a huge lag....
Will try to investigate this but we do not have i5 cpus at the moment i think.
intel52 wrote: 1. "Ctrl-O" opens the "file open" dialog where you can select which files should be played, but only "LeftCtrl-O" works. When pressing "RightCtrl-O" it just opens the playback options (shortcut "O").
2. When running the player in full screen with mouse cursor hidden, pressing "LeftCtrl-O" will open the "file open" dialog, but the mouse cursor will stay hidden all the time....
3. Some Divx/Xvid files still will not play. They freeze the player for about 30s and then a dialog pops up telling me they can't be played. I understand that this is a problem with the external decoders installed on my system, but how far is the solution to this problem? Other media players using the same external decoders do play these files correctly.
We can confirm 1 and 2. Will try to fix asap.
Divx/xvid files should work without issues on Win7. I understand it even does not start to play any video? Just freezes player after opening file?
Joco1114 wrote:In full screen play I cant:
* close with Alt+F4 (not all the time, but most of the time)
* play another video file (I use 2 screens: play video file on the 1st and working in 2nd. I start playing with a file manager, but until I play file in full screen, the new video file cannot start.)
We tried to repeat a problem with alt+f4 but we could not. When it happen does clicking on a splash window help or alt+f4 still does not work?
Will check the problem with dual display later on multidisplay PC.
GeraldoLMR wrote: 1. Confuguration for startup in fullscreen
2. subtitle configuration: color, size, position, border width
3. resume for all files or the last 50 played
4. codes in subtitle: <i></i>, <color></color> etc
1) coming in next update
2&4) positioning in next update, styling not ready yet.
3) soon should be available
Joco1114 wrote:Yeah, they have a great engine to upscale a video [it means this is a great team with lots of knowledge] but they dont care about details.
We really do care about details. Sometimes it may look for users like we do not but we cannot do everthing at a time. If we would like to develop everything perfectly and then release SPlash, there would still be no Splash released. We choose a way of adding functionality gradually, focusing on hight quality formats and features. There is still alot of work to do, we are aware of this. Take a close look at our player windows (ie playlist or playback options window), it have antialiasing, shadows, aero animations, alpha blending and its fully customized. It costed us some work, but we wanted to make it the best possible (or impossible:) ) way. Others (including big companies)use standard windows or simple aliased windows. We know it is all about details, we just need time to make everything the way we want :)
Quick wrote:Hello, i am running Splash Pro 1.3.2.
1) the audio boost, sometimes causes serious audio distortion in cases of AAC stereo audio (6 channel downmix). FFdshow shows no problem at all, so it's decoding issue.
Does it happen only with this stereo AAC downmixed from 6ch?
aviwil wrote:A question on Splash ( 1.3.2 ) .
Sometimes when playing a video , it displays the GPU symbol below , and sometimes not .
Why is that ?
GPU indicates hardware acceleration for video decoding. Splash supports hardware acceleration
for MPEG-2, VC-1 and H.264 video decoding. Please check info panel what is the video type when GPU icon is not displayed.
mata7 wrote:does this player support DTS-MA?
I Have a nvidia 460 and mkv whit DolbyTHD Work fine but no DTS-MA
It should work fine in m2ts files ine xample but there are some problems with dtsma in mkv files. We are investigating this.
Alexannino wrote: ...If you do not understand is not mean what resume feature don't needed.
Resume function will be improved soon. Now it is only available for files stored on a playlist.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

Quick
PC Specification: Windows 7 64 bit, Radeon 5450

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:28 pm

Ghost wrote:Does it happen only with this stereo AAC downmixed from 6ch?
It happened a couple of times and they were both downmixed, yes. Most of the times it's Ok though.

I am trying to PM you, but i can't seem to see how to send a PM to you... I have no "reply" option in the PM, when i click on your profile i see "contact Ghost" but then it's all empty space below... Can i use the support email to send you the subs you asked for?

vivan
Expert User
PC Specification: Acer Aspire TimelineX 3830TG

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:29 am

Ghost wrote:Full ass support including <b>,<i>, <color> is not ready yet
<b>, <i> and other tags - it's not ass, it's some enchancing of srt by adding pseudo HTML codes. It's not even a standart.
Quick wrote:I am trying to PM you, but i can't seem to see how to send a PM to you...
http://www.mirillis.com/forum/ucp.php?i ... pose&u=65p ;)
Desktop (Intel i7-970, ATI 5870, Windows 7 x64)
Acer Aspire TimelineX 3830TG (Intel i5-2410M, nVidia GT540M, Windows 7 x64)
PS Vita, Nokia N8

Ghost
Mirillis Team

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:41 am

Quick wrote:...Can i use the support email to send you the subs you asked for?
Sure, drop an email at support@mirillis.com
vivan wrote:
Ghost wrote:Full ass support including <b>,<i>, <color> is not ready yet
<b>, <i> and other tags - it's not ass, it's some enchancing of srt by adding pseudo HTML codes. It's not even a standart.
Yes, I meant that we plan to add full ass support first, after this we will have a ready engine for coloring subtitles, using <b> <i> etc.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
Find us on Facebook:
Mirillis News Feed:

Quick
PC Specification: Windows 7 64 bit, Radeon 5450

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:49 am

@ Vivan

Thanks!

@Ghost

I will PM you the subs.

vivan
Expert User
PC Specification: Acer Aspire TimelineX 3830TG

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:10 am

Ghost wrote:Yes, I meant that we plan to add full ass support first, after this we will have a ready engine for coloring subtitles, using <b> <i> etc.
Will this engine use GPU acceleration?
E.g. some effects can lag even on my desktop, when using MPC (and any other player) - and it's not about cpu usage - it's just not effective technology.
If yes - it will be killer feature, that no other palyer have. If no - anyway it much better than nothing (now it's unusable for watching anime - any translated title, commentary could mess up text)
Desktop (Intel i7-970, ATI 5870, Windows 7 x64)
Acer Aspire TimelineX 3830TG (Intel i5-2410M, nVidia GT540M, Windows 7 x64)
PS Vita, Nokia N8

crl2007
PC Specification: CPU: Q9550 GPU: GTX470 OS: 7 x64

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:19 am

Ghost wrote:Hi everybody, thank you all for your comments, suggestions and reporting problems.
Here are some answers.
crl2007 wrote:Instead of releasing versions like there is no tomorrow, I think you'd better try to
add the most simplest features, like subtitle positioning, loading folders in the playlist, accepting
codes ( <i></i>, <color></color> etc ) and fix Motion2 + Picture2 stuttering...
Crl2007, I am sorry that you are not happy with Splash at the moment but we really do our best to improve Splash.
Subtitle positioning is done I think and should be added in next version. There will be option to draw subtitles only on video or outside the video area (black bars) + shortcuts for manual position adjustment. Full ass support including <b>,<i>, <color> is not ready yet. Motion2 problem is connected with power management system on your GTX470, right?
Yes, that's related with the power management. <b>,<i>, <color> is not only for ass, but for srt also. <i> are italics.

Ghost
Mirillis Team

Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:49 pm

Vivan: No, just called our subtitles renderer as "engine". What do you mean that some effect can lag on desktop? What effects?

Crl2007: Sorry, I meant that we plan to add full ass support first, after this we will have a ready subtitles renderer for coloring subtitles, using <b> <i> etc. About GTX power saving problem I will get back later and keep you informed when I will check this problem status.

Joco1114: We can confirm the problem with "play another video file" and will try to fix asap.We cannot repeat the problem with alt+f4. Can you provide any more info about this problem, does it connect with smartseek or any other windows (playlist, playback options) maybe? Please check when it happen does clicking on a Splash window help or alt+f4 still does not work? And check if any other windows close on alt+f4 when main windows does not.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
Find us on Facebook:
Mirillis News Feed:

Joco1114
Expert User
PC Specification: Windows 7, Intel Core 2 6750, nVidia 260

Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:05 pm

Ghost wrote:Joco1114: We can confirm the problem with "play another video file" and will try to fix asap.We cannot repeat the problem with alt+f4. Can you provide any more info about this problem, does it connect with smartseek or any other windows (playlist, playback options) maybe? Please check when it happen does clicking on a Splash window help or alt+f4 still does not work? And check if any other windows close on alt+f4 when main windows does not.
Thank you, I will check it. Alt+F4: if you cannot repeat this problem, maybe the problem is in my hardware. Interesting: I've tried with my remote and with keyboard. Not all the time, but 2-3x of 10 I cant close... No other windows, just a simple Win7 x86 Pro with SP1 RC1. It's not a big deal, after an Enter (back to normal size) I can close.
Home Theater:
Silverstone GD01 | nVidia GTX 460 | Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3
Epson EH-TW3600 (aka. 8350) | 100" DIY screen
Marantz SR8001 THX Select2 surround receiver
Polkaudio speakers: RTi 10 | CSi 5 | FXi 5 | PSW 505
Synology NAS 1010+ | 9TB HDD

Return to “Splash PRO”