tuvi123
PC Specification: i7 920, GTX 260, Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Re: Some suggestions, developers please read this

Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:53 pm

Mirillis Team -
can we have your reply to these suggestions.

thank you.

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:36 pm

1) add an option to automatically load srt file that in the same directory as the movie file when playing the movie.
2) add an option to associate file types from splash pro gui settings.
3) add the option to change subtitle size by numbers (I hate this pre-defined sizes/color).
4) add a subtitle smoothing option.
5) Why changing sound output port shows warning dialog even if playback is stopped and why cannot it stop and resume again for me if it was playing?
6) Please add FLV support.
7) please add support for external decoders for unsupported files.
8) external audio support.
9) Add rmvb Support
10) Add Increase Process Priority : High , Above Normal xD
11) Can change video size ,50% 100% 200% like windows-media player or general media player in market.
12) Can fully change Aspect Ratio while playing any video file by right-cick like KMplayer or other.
13) Have some more Image filter or whatever call.. other than Motion 2,Detail/Light Boost such as Unshapmark
Blur/soft image or other post processing method,which help some low quality HD video file look better.
14) add support for other subtitle fomats (like idx&sub etc) and colour.
Please find our comments below.
If you have further questions, please ask.

1) Its already supported (see Settings/subtitles). Subtitles file must have similar name to video file.
2) It is planned to be added in the future. Don't know if will be available in PRO 1.x or 2.x.
3) We will try to reorganize it to make it more clear.
4) What do you mean by smoothing option?
5) In stop mode there should be no popup, thanks for reporting. Audio output change is planned to be improved just the way you describe.
6) FLV will not be supported in Splash PRO 1.x.x due to licensing issues.
7) We prefer developing own codecs than using external codecs.
8) It is planned to be added in the future. Don't know if will be available in PRO 1.x or 2.x.
9) Rmvb will not be supported in Splash PRO 1.x.x due to licensing issues.
10) We would like to avoid settings like this, settings priority to high will not likely help if CPU is much stressed by other applications. Can you describe the case when you need this option?
11) press "1" for 100% video size. We plan to add 50% and 200% too.
12) At the moment you can change aspect ratio for a single file with fullscreen banner. We plan to add a shortcut to switch aspect ratio and probably add this option to right mouse button menu.
13) We dont plan to add many more filters. Unsharp mask is not planned as we provide detailboost. IMO blurring video wont help much with low quali videos. We will note your suggestions.
14) We plan to improve subtitles support including support for new formats, styling subtitles, more shortcuts etc. At the moment dont know what will be available in free updates for PRO 1.x and what will come with PRO 2.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

rbr303
PC Specification: i7+GTX470+7, intelG45+win7

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:53 pm

3 yea, there is a little mess now.
9 rmvb is so poor. who watches this? :twisted:
11 and who the hell watches video in 50% or 200% view and what for? :?:
13 Bluring low quality video - nonsense. The only thing you can make is to delete it. :twisted: I miss noise or film grain filter only. It makes some movies look better.
14 please add ".sup"

tuvi123
PC Specification: i7 920, GTX 260, Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:56 am

Ghost » Mirillis Team -

Can you change it that IF ANY subtitile (srt/sub&idx) is found in the same directory as the movie then it will be loaded when playing the movie (even if the file names are different), I think it will be much better this way and far more user friendly because it will save the time to change subtitle name the name of each movie.

and if FLV will not be supported in Splash PRO can you at least allow the use if external FLV decoder
I love Splash as my default player and FLV is a popular format.
this goes the same with other formats that splash does not support - Allow the use of external audio/video decoders for those formats that splash will not support.

also I hope Subtitles support will be improved soon on the upcoming version, this shuold be on your top priority because I know a lot of users that Don't use Splash Pro because it lacks support for idx & sub formats, styling subtitles (+size by numbers) and shortcuts for increasing/decreasing subtitle font size etc...

thank you.

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:19 pm

tuvi123 wrote:Ghost » Mirillis Team -

Can you change it that IF ANY subtitile (srt/sub&idx) is found in the same directory as the movie then it will be loaded when playing the movie (even if the file names are different), I think it will be much better this way and far more user friendly because it will save the time to change subtitle name the name of each movie.

and if FLV will not be supported in Splash PRO can you at least allow the use if external FLV decoder
I love Splash as my default player and FLV is a popular format.
this goes the same with other formats that splash does not support - Allow the use of external audio/video decoders for those formats that splash will not support.

also I hope Subtitles support will be improved soon on the upcoming version, this shuold be on your top priority because I know a lot of users that Don't use Splash Pro because it lacks support for idx & sub formats, styling subtitles (+size by numbers) and shortcuts for increasing/decreasing subtitle font size etc...

thank you.
Thank you for all suggestions.
We plan to improve subtitles soon.

We do not plan to use external filters to support more formats, we preffer to develop own internal codecs as this
results in better performance and and less problems.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

Return to “Splash PRO”