RazrBit
PC Specification: I7-3770K, HD6950, 8 x64, 8GB

Re: FIC Decoder DirectShow - BETA!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:06 pm

Ghost wrote: What audio format do you have in your recordings, stereo or multichannel?
To playback multichannel audio it may be required to install additional filter for decoding.
Stereo. Tried both and I still didn't get any audio when imported. Plays as it should in media players.
Edit: Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate works without any problems when converting, but preview/editing is not working for fic files.

StarGreen
PC Specification: Win7 x64/i7 920D/12GB RAM/GTX 670 FTW

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:54 pm

Sooo.... no 1.5 today then? :(

Vux
PC Specification: Win 7 SP1, 8gb, i5-3570k, GTX 560ti

Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:05 am

I am also anxiously awaiting any information on 1.5. Dropping a line like "releasing tomorrow.." then not delivering is a big nono. I am able to view .fic videos in media player now, but not open or convert them in any editing or conversion softwares so far.

All I really want is to be able to edit my recordings in Premiere and After Effects, and since the exported .mp4 files crash those programs and the .fic files cannot be used, it is VERY aggravating, and I'm this close to just swapping over to another recorder for good.

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:48 pm

What's the point of releasing a version with badly working decoder? Our developers met some difficulties with the video decoder and we don't want to release a poor working update, so that's why it wasn't released on 21st. I'm sure that the developers aren't happy either about this situation and trying to do their best to release a 1.5.0 which will allow you to open properly .fic files in application that uses DirectShow.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Vux
PC Specification: Win 7 SP1, 8gb, i5-3570k, GTX 560ti

Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:31 pm

radi wrote:What's the point of releasing a version with badly working decoder? Our developers met some difficulties with the video decoder and we don't want to release a poor working update, so that's why it wasn't released on 21st. I'm sure that the developers aren't happy either about this situation and trying to do their best to release a 1.5.0 which will allow you to open properly .fic files in application that uses DirectShow.
Cool, an update on the situation is basically all I (we) wanted, thanks :)
I say take your time and get it working nicely, then Action! will truly kick ass.

StarGreen
PC Specification: Win7 x64/i7 920D/12GB RAM/GTX 670 FTW

Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Agreed. I only posted 'cos I was extremely excited about getting 1.5 yesterday :P Action! is nearly perfect, and when we can import .fic files directly into Premiere and AE it will be one step closer.

ivijulsc
PC Specification: nvidia, windows 7

Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:32 pm

So... i post a question in page 1 in this post but no one answered me... Maybe someone will be able to answer this.

Every body is saying that .fic files will be abble to open in programs with DirectShow...
Im not an expert in softwars, so, can anyone say a list of softwares that use DirectShow?

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:47 pm

ivijulsc wrote:So... i post a question in page 1 in this post but no one answered me... Maybe someone will be able to answer this.

Every body is saying that .fic files will be abble to open in programs with DirectShow...
Im not an expert in softwars, so, can anyone say a list of softwares that use DirectShow?
It's hard to make a list of software that uses DirectShow. Specify in which field (video editing software, video players etc.) you are interested in and I will try to make a list of the most popular software from that field.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

naxxi
PC Specification: I7 2600k, GTX680, windows seven 64bits

Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:11 am

i have the same issue, when i try to import to Premiere CS5 or 6, Sony vegas, or After effect 5 or 6 that doesn't work (and i'v installed the decoder) i'm still waiting for the new version.

Fala7er
PC Specification: i5 2500k, GTX680, Win7 x64, 16GB Ram

Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:53 pm

Well after installing the dll files with the .bat, i can see the windows thumbnails.

And I try to play 2 video files (with audio 5.1 uncompressed) but only one was able to play and the other didnt opened with WMP or MPC-HC.

Also no audio on both video files.

This is the config:

With the default settings im unable to play the video or audio.

Also using MeGUI with AviSynth Script Creator shows an error when it try to open the video:

With the second file is different:

"Can't find any filter combination to process the sequence"

:|

Any other app that i can use to convert this to lagarith or any other lossless video? that way i can work with megui and play the files.

Thanks for the hard work I hope this can be fixed soon! :mrgreen:

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”